Volunteering at ICCWA
DOES THE SHOE FIT YOU?
Falls Prevention Ambassador
• Are you wanting to make a difference to the health of others?
• Do you want a volunteering experience that will fit in with your lifestyle?
Becoming a Falls Prevention Ambassador with the Stay On Your Feet WA® program can open your life to learning the steps to healthy ageing, increase your social life and allow you to make a big difference in your local community.
The Stay On Your Feet WA® message is primarily for older people (60 years and over) living in their own homes, who may or may not have had a fall. The emphasis of the message focuses on healthy and active ageing. This positive approach is important for seniors to remain independent, mobile and living in the community.
Volunteers assist in various ways including:
• Visiting and talking with community groups
• Helping hand out resources at expos and community events
• Advocating to family and friends about the Stay On Your Feet WA® program
• Resource packing
• Administrative tasks in the office
Volunteering opportunities also exist within other program areas at ICCWA.
For further details contact us on 08 9420 7212
Click here> to email us